6/2/14

Sweet Flea-Market Finds Again, Again, Again, Again...


Here's what I got good at The Flea-Market last weekend!:


   1992's Punisher/Black Widow: Spinning Doomsday's Web over-sized graphic novel by D.G. Chichester, and Larry Stroman... for seventy-five cents.  A cover price of $9.99 on that bitch.  I figure it HAS to be better than that Avengers Confidential anime that they were just in together- what a fucking bore that was!  (And after The Punisher stole the show in the previous Iron Man flick Madhouse put out, too...)  What a disappointment.  
   -I blame Black Widow. They just keep trying to shoehorn her into everything now- She's just not very interesting, and she's terrible in the movies. I mean, sure; she's attractive- but Hawkeye had more fucking character! And they want to give Black Widow her own spin-off film?!?  Ugh!!!  What a waste of a Marvel Movie that's gonna be...  Elektra anyone?  Catwoman???  -It won't work.  Especially not with Scarlett Johansson. (What does Marvel have against appropriate accents, by the way? Johansson sounds as Russian as Jennifer Garner did Greek.)  
   If they want a female superhero to lead a movie- make a fucking Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) flick!!!  Or go out on a limb with it- get Silver Sable into the movies! She's far more interesting- and her costume is JUST as tight (seems to be all they're worried about.)  Or how about a wacky She-Hulk action/comedy???


Anyways- I also got a GoBots Rock Lord for a buck. Granite. -I used to have him as a kid, he was the first one I ever owned, actually. And I had almost all of them...  lost to garage sales back in the day.

Also, not pictured is a bag of Double-Habanero Beef Jerky... because I fuckin' done ate it already.  That and an Alligator Jerky Stick.

There should be a new post up Thursday as well.
-Until then...


10 comments:

  1. That cover to the GN looks damn good, but I never like Larry Stroman as an artist. It just looks fucking ugly as shit to me.

    Good points on Black Widow. You can probably blame Marvel for including her in everything since it's just following the comics, where she's been involved with just about every group and single hero around. I don't see that movie making bank if they're seriously going for one. That would be the first movie to break the streak at the box office then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a nice cover by Earl Norem. His He-Man stuff is dope! http://www.earlnorem.com

      I like Stroman fine enough. I really like how he drew Black Widow's feet in this- just the spandex- no boot or generic-foot-shape. He made that shit look real. This is by far the best version of her costume (at least it's my favorite). Plus- Frank with a headband. -Nice.

      I feel like she (Black Widow) has only been all over the comics because she was in, as far back as, Iron Man 2... Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) is/was in just as many comics in the last few years, Ms. Marvel too. I'd take either of them live-action over Widow.
      And yeah, they are seriously planning of making it. -Probably before Avengers 3. I think Marvel wants to beat DC in getting a superhero movie out with a female lead. Poor Wonder Woman...

      Delete
  2. the problem with BW is that she really doesn't have a personality to speak of at all she is about as engaging as herpes with carol you got humor and charm that you can build around and she hulk is funny witty engaging and charming also J Byrne and Dan Slott basically gave the blueprint for a comedy drama tv show i think its a no brainer that she hulk is getting a tv deal somewhere down the road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah- no personality at all... and it does not help that they cast someone who has no discernible personality either. (I guess, at least, you could say it's accurate casting? Even if it's painful to watch...) She pretty-much plays every part she gets the same way.

      I would LOVE a She-Hulk courtroom-drama/superhero show! Maybe if these four Netflix shows Marvel is doing take off- we'll get one! And Carol Danvers needs her own movie starring Katee Sackhoff!

      Delete
    2. katee could play cpt Marvel but knowing hollywood they probably gonna go with someone younger

      the she hulk show should play out like 30 rock NO LAUGH TRACKS god i hate those and my only concern would be she hulk herself how would the cgi look on her

      Delete
    3. If they did- it would suck. They need someone with personality, not just a "hot body"... Only other actress I can think of, off the top of my head, for her would be Leelee Sobieski.

      No, no laugh-tracks... and no CGI. She Hulk does not change back- it would have to be an actress painted up nice. She'd have to be amazonian in size, though! -Like the new Wonder Woman isn't!

      Delete
  3. hot dam Granite!! One of my first rocklords too. Grandma would always hook me up with them. Only place I got my dozen or so rocklords. I'll never forever when we moved my mom kicked me out of the house to go make friends. With him n nugget in hand I met my best friend to this day half a block away .he thought they were the coolest things ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELL YEAH! Rock (hahaha) on, man!!! I love that movie too... GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords? It's so awfully quotable. For you or anyone interested- watch it free on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlSOE-6EdgA -Margot Kidder, Roddy McDowall (as your boy- Nuggit. Who I also had!), Telly Savalas, and good old Frank Welker. Classic, man. CLASSIC.
      I actually JUST found Boulder, for a dollar, this week at the Flea-Market!!! I've been pretty lucky!

      Delete